Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary Group ToursAll groups are welcome to visit the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary and view the bears, during our regular operating hours: Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00pm until dusk, on these months, May, June and July. No buses or group visits will be allowed into the sanctuary during August or September.
Private Group Tours are available if your organization or other group would prefer a more personalized experience. Rates and benefits are for access to the viewing platform at the VSWS. Private Group Tours will be allowed during the summer at one group per day Tuesday-Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
Private Group Tours Include
- Entrance to the Sanctuary during closed hours at 4:00 p.m. - Tuesday through Sunday. We are closed on Mondays
- The undivided attention of our trained naturalists
- Special events, lectures, or activities can be arranged depending on the needs or interests of the group (additional charges may apply)
How to Arrange a Group Visit or Private Group Tour
- To secure a group rate, reservations must be made at least 21 days in advance
- Group Rates apply for Groups of 20 or More
- Group Visit during normal visitor hours (5pm - dusk) May, June, July ONLY
- $6 - Adults 18+
- $2 - Youth - Ages 6-17
- FREE - Ages 0-5
- Minimum 20 people to get group rate
- Private Group Tour outside of normal visitor hours (4:00 p.m. start time)
- $200 flat rate fee must be prepaid (please note refund policy for cancellations)
- Allow one bus or two vans
- Please NOTE: Other rules apply to Private Group Tours when booking.
Currently, to arrange a group visit email the American Bear Association at
Bear Sanctuary NewsKeep up to date with developments and progress at the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary
Bear Sanctuary News
Membership of the ABAHelp the bears by becoming a member of The American Bear Association
Membership of the ABA
Wildlife VolunteersWould you like to work with wild black bears? You've come to the right place!
Information on BearsFacts about bears, including FAQ, Bear Biology and Bear Species around the world
Information on Bears