Stay in touch with the new American Bear Association email newsletter!
Future Plans of the American Bear AssociationSome of our future plans include the following:
- Enhancing educational programming and interpretive displays for youth, adults and groups
- Increasing wildlife viewing opportunities for the visiting public
- Creating Cub's Corner, an interactive children's center for youth ages 2-8
- Educating schools and communities about black bears, wildlife habitat and conservation
- Restoring, managing and monitoring ecological health and stability of Sanctuary property
- Making the Sanctuary more handicapped accessible
- Constructing a education and research center
- Building shower, laundry and kitchen facilities for our interns and volunteers
- Bringing electricity, telephone and internet to the Sanctuary
- Installing solar panels to provide electricity for the observation deck and parking lot.
Help a Black Bear - Become a Member of the ABA
"Member" - $30/year
- Tri-Annual Subscription to Bear in Mind, the publication of the VSWS
- Basic member package
- 8x10 Photo of cub(s) and a certificate in padded cover
- "Friends of the Cubs" Lapel Pin
- Quarterly updates focusing on bear ecology and physiology
- Recognition in Bear in Mind
- Basic member Package
- "Friends of the Cubs" Package
- 5 postcards of bear cubs
- A copy of "Bear Man" DVD - featuring the life and legacy of Vince Shute
JOIN NOWPlease fill in a membership form
The American Bear Association is a 501(c)(3) Tax-exempt, Nonprofit Organization. Your contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by federal and state laws.
Bear Sanctuary NewsKeep up to date with developments and progress at the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary
Bear Sanctuary News
Membership of the ABAHelp the bears by becoming a member of The American Bear Association
Membership of the ABA
Wildlife VolunteersWould you like to work with wild black bears? You've come to the right place!
Information on BearsFacts about bears, including FAQ, Bear Biology and Bear Species around the world
Information on Bears